A classic holiday mulled wine to have going on your stove on repeat all season.
- 1 bottle red wine
- Half an orange, juiced
- Half an orange, whole for seasoning
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
- 4 star anise pods
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Additional cinnamon sticks, star anise pods, and orange peels for garnish
- Optional: 2 shots of brandy
- Pour wine and cider (and optional brandy) into a slow cooker or large pot.
- Juice half an orange into the pot.
- Add cinnamon sticks, star anise pods, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Add half an orange (including the peel), sliced into two or three pieces.
- Turn slow cooker or stove to high heat, allowing mulled wine mixture to boil and then reducing it to low heat for 15 minutes. Let it simmer longer for extra flavor power and to allow the aroma to linger in your home.
Adjust seasoning to your preferences – have some fun and make your own signature mix. It’s difficult to mess up mulled wine!
Keywords: holiday, christmas, mulled wine, spiced wine, glogg, gluhwein, hot wine, cooked wine, boiled wine, festive, cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, orange, cloves, mulled cider, spiced cider, apple cider, hot cider, red wine