Spring mix with roasted marinated artichokes, toasted pine nuts, thinly sliced white onion, goat cheese, and a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan. Reserve artichoke marinade liquid for a delicious, versatile salad dressing!
- 1 bag of spring mix greens
- Roughly 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 white onion, very thinly sliced
- One 8–12 ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained (reserve liquid)
- Goat cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain marinated artichokes and set the reserved liquid aside. Place artichokes on parchment paper and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Add spring mix or greens of your choosing into a large salad serving bowl.
- Thinly slice the white onion, ideally using a mandoline. You want them to be as thin as possible so they don’t overpower the rest of the ingredients. Add the onions to the salad serving bowl.
- Toast the pine nuts if they aren’t already – simply spread a thin layer of pine nuts in a pan and let toast over medium heat for just a minute or even less. They can burn super easily so keep a strict eye on them! Add them to the salad serving bowl.
- Remove artichokes from the oven when ready and add them along with crumbles of the goat cheese to the salad serving bowl.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan and some cracked black pepper.
- Add dressing and toss. See below for dressing recipe.
- Reserve the marinade liquid from the jar of marinated artichokes.
- Add in an equal amount of extra virgin olive oil to the marinade liquid.
- Using either lemon juice or Champagne vinegar, add some acid to this 1:1 marinade-olive oil mix. A good ratio to follow is 5 tablespoons of marinade-olive oil mix to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or Champagne vinegar. Taste as you go and add in acid slowly until it tastes just right to you!
- Feel free to experiment with additional spices. I love incorporating Dijon mustard into this vinaigrette.
- Whisk together until fully emulsified then drizzle desired amount over salad. Toss to coat and serve!
Keywords: salad, mediterranean salad, artichoke, goat cheese, pine nuts, italian salad, light salad, healthy salad, roasted artichokes, vegetarian wine pairing, sauvignon blanc, vegetarian salad, healthy lunch, healthy recipe, summer salad, summer dinner, summer recipe, seasonal