Garlicky marinated white beans pack a flavor punch with white wine, fresh parsley, lemon, and lots of garlic. Serve with toasted crostini.
- 2 cans Cannellini (white) beans
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for cooking
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Add 1/3 cup dry white wine to the pan and allow it to reduce by half.
- Carefully add the 2 cans of drained and rinsed Cannellini white beans. Stir to coat in the white wine and garlic.
- Salt to taste, starting with about 1 teaspoon.
- Cover the pan and allow the beans to cook on low for about 10 minutes or until they are super tender. They should mash with just a little pressure.
- While the beans are cooking, thinly slice a baguette and toast the slices to make your crostini. Use a toaster oven or simply toast in the oven at 350 degrees for 2 minutes on each side (or until slightly browned). Timing will depend on how thinly you slice your bread.
- Remove the beans from heat and pour them into a serving bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 extra virgin olive oil, freshly chopped parsley, lemon juice, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and serve warm with the toasted crostini.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, tuscan white bean, garlicky marinated white beans, cannellini beans, picnic recipe, vegan tapas, vegetarian tapas, white wine and garlic, mediterranean, italian, vegetarian wine pairing, rose wine, healthy, simple recipe, 5 ingredient recipe, healthy side