Roasted sweet potato with salty chevre and sweet cranberries with pistachio and honey.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 oz chèvre
- 3 oz ricotta
- 1/4 cup pistachios ((roasted, salted, and crushed))
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ((coarsely chopped))
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1 cm thick slices. You can go even thinner if you want a crunchier base.
- Coat slices of SP in olive oil and salt.
- Place sweet potato rounds on a lined baking sheet. Add some sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then flip the slice. Roast for another 10 minutes, or until the edges start to crisp and the centers are soft.
- While the SP rounds are roasting, mix the ricotta with the chèvre.
- Spread a thick layer of the chèvre-ricotta hybrid on each round.
- Sprinkle crushed pistachios and cranberries evenly over the rounds.
- Drizzle a lil bit of honey over all of them, and then maybe a dash of black pepper. Viola!
Keywords: sweet potato, christmas, thanksgiving, holiday, cranberry, pistachio, chevre, goat cheese, ricotta, honey, rosemary, blaufrankish, red wine, vegetarian wine pairing