Charred tomatillo salsa verde with jalapeño, white onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Roughly 1 lb of tomatillos, husked and washed
- 1 white onion, quartered
- 3 jalapeños
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional fresh, diced white onion, cilantro, and avocado for garnish
- Placed the husked and washed tomatillos, quartered onion, and whole jalapeños on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet. Broil on high until charred and tender. Depending on your oven, this may take about 10-20 minutes.
- Remove tomatillos, onion, and jalapenos from the oven and allow to cool. Then, toss them all into the food processor with the cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt.
- Blend until the salsa reaches your desired texture.
- Garnish with fresh, diced white onion and avocado, a little cilantro, and freshly cracked black pepper and serve with tortilla chips!
- Don’t forget the Sparkling Blood Orange Margaritas!
This recipe was inspired by Pierce Abernathy’s salsa verde recipe.
Keywords: mexican, cinco de mayo, salsa verde, tomatillo, tomatillo salsa, homemade salsa, fresh salsa, guacamole, green salsa, avocado, jalapeno, food processors recipes