A sweet dessert made with sticky white rice in a sweet coconut milk, fresh ripened mango, and a coconut cream sauce. Topped with toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 cup sticky white rice (search for long-grain white rice or glutinous rice in the grocery store)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 ripe mangos, sliced
- 1/3 heaping cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Steam your sticky right rice according to instructions on bag (using a 2:1 ratio of water to rice, bring to a boil in an uncovered pot for about 5-7 minutes, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for another ~15 minutes).
- While rice is cooking, bring coconut milk to a boil with sugar and salt until it dissolves. Turn off heat, but keep warm until rice is ready.
- Combine rice and 3/4 of the sweetened coconut milk. Reserve the other 1/4 of milk. Let it sit and cook a bit until the rice absorbs the milk. This will take roughly 30 minutes.
- Place 1/4 of reserved coconut milk in the fridge to let it cool and thicken. Slice mango and get ready to plate.
- Mold rice and plate on a dish with the sliced mango, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve with a small serving of the reserved sweet coconut cream.