A grown-up version of the classic Jell-O shots. These Champagne Jell-O shots use sparkling wine, vodka, and lemon juice to create a fancy and festive treat for New Year’s Eve.
- 1 cup Prosecco (or other sparkling wine)
- 0.5 cup vodka
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 0.25 cup light agave nectar
- 2 tbsp gelatin (2 packets of Knox brand) OR 1 tsp Agar-Agar*
- Edible gold leaf
- Mix the juice of 1 whole lemon with the agave nectar. Stir well to ensure the liquids are well combined. Pour into a saucepan.
- Sprinkle the gelatin or agar-agar over the surface of the liquid in the pan. Allow it to sit for 2 minutes.
- Put the pan over medium heat and stir consistently until all of the gelatin or agar-agar has dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add your sparkling wine and vodka.
- VERY lightly grease a square or rectangular loaf pan or glass dish with oil. I just used a very light oil spray and used a clean cloth to spread it around the surface area of my glass dish. This step will ensure the Jell-o is easily removed once it is firm.
- Pour your mixture into your dish and store it in the fridge.
- Allow the Jell-O to chill until completely firm – overnight is your safest bet.
- Once the Jell-O is firm, gently remove it from the dish or pan. Slice it carefully into cubes.
- Garnish with edible gold leaf and serve!
*Agar-Agar is a vegetarian and vegan alternative to gelatin. The texture is slightly less smooth but is still a great option when avoiding animal products.
Keywords: champagne jell-o shot, jell-o shot, new years eve cocktail, jell-o, jello, champagne cocktail, prosecco, prosecco cocktail, cava, cava cocktail, sparkling wine, holiday cocktail, new years eve