If you’re on social media, you’ve probably since this life-changing feta and cherry tomato “pasta hack”. If not, get ready to fall in love with the simplest creamy pasta recipe you’ll ever make. This one-dish pasta recipe is perfect for last-minute dinners or impressing a date with your “cooking skills” that you don’t actually have (I won’t tell!). All you need is pasta, a block of feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, and the right seasoning.
This One-Dish Pasta Recipe is Simple and Delicious
Viral on Tik Tok, this simple recipe exploded over the past month or so. If you follow Wholesomm on Instagram, you will have seen my own twist on the bare-bones recipe last month. Finally, I’m sharing the detailed recipe on the blog for posterity.
The basic formula here is this: 1 block of feta + cherry tomatoes + baked for 30 minutes + cooked pasta = deceptively simple and delicious dinner.
All you have to do is put everything in one baking dish, cook the pasta, and you’re good to go.
Most people add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper for seasoning. I wanted to go ahead and dress it up just a little bit more with a few extra seasonings and one crucial step: broiling.
How I Elevated the Feta Pasta Hack
Go beyond the basics without overcomplicating things.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh minced garlic (though garlic powder will do)
- Black pepper and a little bit of salt
- Chili flakes
- Dried oregano
The chili flakes and dried oregano bring so much additional flavor to the pasta that I consider them a MUST beyond just garlic, salt, and pepper.
Everyone who has tried this recipe knows already that all you have to do is bake it for 30 minutes and you’re done.
I however prefer to add just a few more minutes and one more step after baking by broiling the baked feta and tomatoes on high until they’re browned.
The additional char that results from broiling brings so much depth that again, is a MUST in my opinion. Broiling seriously is a game-changer for this recipe.
Always Add More Cheese
This recipe is already pretty cheesy what with the “sauce” being a melted block of feta and all. However, I’ve found that adding a liberal amount of freshly grated Parmesan into the mix brings a hit of complexity and nuttiness.
Pair It With Sangiovese
I opted for a Sangiovese to pair with this dish. Sangiovese is the classic grape varietal from Tuscany, which is known for their food-friendly red wines. Grab yourself a nice Chianti and enjoy!
Watch the video of how this dish is made below.
Have you already tried this recipe on your own? What sort of “twists” have you added to your version? Let me know in the comments! If this post is the first time you’re hearing about this viral recipe, definitely share with me how you liked it!Print
A one-dish creamy, cheesy pasta recipe with feta, parmesan, and cherry tomatoes that takes only 30 minutes to make!
- Farfalle pasta, half of a bag
- 1 standard block of feta cheese
- 1 container of heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Approximately 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (or more! go crazy)
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 2–3 cloves freshly minced garlic
- Roughly 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Chili flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the block of feta in a baking dish and add the cherry tomatoes around the feta.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and add your seasonings: garlic, salt & pepper, chili flakes, oregano.
- Bake seasoned feta and tomatoes for 30 minutes.
- With about 8 minutes left to bake, start cooking your pasta. I love farfalle for this dish, but any pasta will do. Cook and drain according to the instructions on the package.
- After 30 minutes of baking, switch your oven to “broil” and select the “high” setting. Keep a close eye on the feta and tomatoes to avoid burning. Once there is a satisfying char on the tomatoes and the feta is browning, about 1-2 minutes, remove the dish from the oven.
- Combine your pasta with the feta and tomatoes. Add in your grated Parmesan and mix until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Garnish with a little extra black pepper and chili flakes and serve.
- A small, textured pasta shape is best but you can use any variety you want
- Broiling can be really oven-specific, so don’t turn your back while broiling! Food can burn in a flash.
Keywords: feta pasta hack, feta pasta, feta and cherry tomatoes, one-dish dinner, one-pot dinner, easy weeknight dinner, tiktok recipe, mediterranean, creamy pasta, easy recipe, simply recipe, 3 ingredient recipe